Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Report Abuse

Instapundit » Blog Archive » NOBODY TELL ANN ALTHOUSE: Squirrel caught vandalizing Estherville, Iowa, professor’s bicycle….
Heh-heh! I inherited a Crosman pump from my dad. Couldn't hit a damn thing with it - till I finally discovered it is chambered phoenix food trucks .22 instead of .177. There are now a whole bunch of squirrel graves in my back yard. Since black is a dominant gene, and some fool brought black squirrels here from Puerto Rico back in the 50's, black squirrels were all you saw until I went on my campaign. Now I'm starting to see some grey and fox squirrels again.
Koblog
Here in my town near the beach in So Cal, I never saw a squirrel for fifty years. Then, suddenly, they're here. Some time around the mid-90s I think. All over the place now. How they got here I have no idea.
18 weeks ago Edit Report Abuse Link To Comment
Restore | Remove | Ban User | Email User
"I don t know what you d bait that trap with ... a rubber ball?" [the animal control officer] said. At least somebody's got a sense of humor.
Report Abuse
This comment has been reported. Click here to view it anyway.
Heh-heh! I inherited a Crosman pump from my dad. Couldn't hit a damn thing with it - till I finally discovered it is chambered .22 instead of .177. There are now a whole bunch of squirrel graves in my back yard. Since black is a dominant gene, and some fool brought black squirrels here from Puerto phoenix food trucks Rico back in the 50's, black squirrels were all you saw until I went on my campaign. Now I'm starting to see some grey and fox squirrels phoenix food trucks again.
I just have a little Crosman pistol with compressed phoenix food trucks air cartidges; can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, but the noise from the CO2 cartridge seems to scare them off for awhile. Lately, a couple of neighborhood cats have been hanging about in the yard doing the job for me. I've not seen them actually bring down a squirrel yet, but they've been terrorizing them quite nicely. :-) I shoot (at) the grey ones here...there are zillions of the damn things; fox squirrels I leave alone. I almost never see one of those anymore (and I'm way out in the sticks of SW Virginia) so if a fox squirrel wants a bit of bird food, I let him have it.
Restore | Remove | Ban User | Email User
Yep, we're up in the Grayson Highlands, at about 3000 feet. It is gorgeous around here, too, but these bones are getting a bit old for the winters and the up-and-down of the landscape. Between that, and the fact that Virginia seems to be steadily turning into a blue state, we're looking to exit sometime soon, for somewhere either flatter or warmer if not both.
18 weeks ago Edit Report Abuse Link To Comment
Restore | Remove | Ban User | Email User
Link to Instapundit Archives Recommended Six: The Move Becker-Posner Blog BlackProf Books for Kids Blog Cliopatria Deceiver.com Dr. Helen InstaPundit Store! phoenix food trucks My TCS Columns Of Arms & the Law PJ Media Strategy Page The Tatler WiFi Net News Big Journalism ALDaily Anchoress Andrew Malcolm Barone Blog Best of the Web Biased BBC BlogCritics Bluey Blog Brain Terminal Breitbart.com Chris Anderson Cox and Forkum Daily Howler Dan Gillmor Dave Barry David Corn David Frum Day By Day DefenseTech Don Surber Drudge Report Electrolite Ernie the Attorney Flit Fraters Libertas Gary Farber Gateway Pundit Gene Expression Hit and Run Howard Kurtz Hugh Hewitt phoenix food trucks Indian Country Inside Higher Ed. Jennifer Rubin Jim Geraghty Josh Marshall Jules Crittenden Jurist JWR Kausfiles Kevin Drum Larry Kudlow Mark Steyn Martin Peretz MediaBistro Michael Silence Michelle Malkin Neal Boortz PoliticalWire RealClearPolitics Red State Rich Galen SciTech Daily Scott Rosenberg SlashDot Slate.com Tapped TCS Daily That Liberal Media The Corner The Note TownHall.com Virginia Postrel Walter Shapiro Pure Bloggers Alphecca Andrea See Andrew phoenix food trucks Olmsted Ann Althouse Baldilocks phoenix food trucks Baseball Crank Bigwig Bill Peschel Bill Quick Bill Whittle BitchGirls Bjorn Staerk Blackfive Blogosferics phoenix food trucks Blogs of War Brad DeLong Brian Carnell Brian Linse Brothers Judd Burchismo Capt. Ed Charles Austin Charles Murtaugh ChicagoBoyz Clayton Cramer Colby Cosh Cold Fury Cori Dauber Correspondence Committee Cranky Professor Critical Mass Crooked Timber Damian Penny Daniel Drezner Dave Kopel Dave Winer David Pinto Dean Esmay Deinonychus Denise Howell Derek Lowe Diana Hsieh Discriminations Doc Searls Donald Luskin Donald Sensing DPM Dr. Frank Dr. Weevil Ed Cone Ed Driscoll Edward Boyd Eric Muller Eric S. Raymond Eve Tushnet Fight Aging! FuturePundit Geek Press Gut Rumbles HaightSpeech Heather Havrilesky Howard Bashman Howard Owens Howard Veit IMAO InkWell InstaLawyer Iraq the Model Jack Balkin James Lileks Jason Kottke Jay Manifold Jeff Goldstein Jeff Jarvis Jerry Pournelle Jessica’s Well Jim Henley Jim Miller Jim Treacher Joanne Jacobs John Cole John Ellis John Scalzi John Weidner Joshua Claybourn Kate Kathy Kinsley Katie Granju Kesher phoenix food trucks Talk Kevin Holtsberry Kitchen Cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment