Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ventilation and chaft: Roasting could get very hot, and I could feel the heat coming out quite stron


About Me Event cikopi.com Artikel Kopi Caffèlogue Aeropress Chemex Clever Dripper Coffee Syphon Drip Coffee Pot Espresso Pour Over French Press Grinder Presso Technivorm Moccamaster Turkish Coffee Vietnam Drip Moka Pot
– Main Menu – bagmakers About Me Event cikopi.com Artikel Kopi Caffèlogue - Aeropress - Chemex - Clever Dripper - Coffee Syphon - Drip Coffee Pot - Espresso - Pour Over - French Press - Grinder - Presso bagmakers - Technivorm Moccamaster - Turkish Coffee - Vietnam Drip - Moka Pot
The coffee was roasted more than 24 hours ago, but I was simply too impatient to wait any longer, although normally it takes around 3 to 4 days of sitting it out after it s being roasted so it can be enjoyed in its peak. The beans that were originally weighing at 30 grams had lessened into 20% of its amount, due to the oxidizing water content when it got in touch with the steam from the Princess popcorn maker. And the result was
A farmers chief from Gayo came to see me in Jogja when I visited the city last month and promised to send his organically processed coffee beans, and those were the beans I used for my experiment roasting coffee in a popcorn maker. Before I began, I was informed by my buddy Albert Gunawan the guy who owned the machine that its capacity was not that big. But of course it didn t stop me from going ahead with the experiment, did it? So before I began my roasting experiment, I prepared several aiding equipment, such as:
1. A thermometer to measure the heat coming from the chamber . 2. A digital scale 3. A coffee spoon 4. An airtight container 5. A well ventilated space 6. Offerings for the coffee gods, the wind gods and otherworldly beings
Capacity: I just want to point out that not all popcorn makers bagmakers are the same, especially when it comes to power and capacity. So if you own one that is similar to the one I used, please reread the manual and adjust the setting to the recommended specifications. When I started the experiment, I put in 75 grams of coffee, but the beans just ended up sitting there instead of moving. So I reduced the amount bit by bit and finally I found out that 30 grams turned out to be the ideal amount, as evident by the beans being moved around by the hot steam from the Princess popcorn maker.
A Thermometer: It definitely helped having it around, despite bagmakers being used to measure the heat produced bagmakers by the popcorn maker only, since the machine didn t come with a heat setting. But the thermometer was actually used to record the temperature when the first and the second cracking of beans started, which I didn t do when I attempted the roasting experiment for the first time.
Ventilation and chaft: Roasting could get very hot, and I could feel the heat coming out quite strongly, so I suggest doing it somewhere spacious. Not to mention the chaft flying out and landing everywhere, even though I was only roasting 30 grams of coffee beans.
As you can see, the photo above shows the stages of the 10 minutes roasting process from the first until the last minute of it. Ten minutes is a rather relative bagmakers number, so the duration can fluctuate according to the capacity of the coffee we roast. Finally, I dare to assume judging from the color of the roasted coffee beans the roasting result was quite satisfactory, if not different. It s not Probat anyway, and on this stage I had to do further waiting as well as tidying up the place what with the chaft bits scattered bagmakers everywhere, until I could taste the freshly bagmakers coffee the following day.
Last night I ground the 10 grams of coffee with a coffee grinder in a coarse setting as I was thinking of brewing it Tubruk-style . My folks used to say; to find out the actual taste of the coffee itself, even coffee intended for espresso has to be ground first, and I agree wholeheartedly. After grinding it, I inhaled the aroma, and it was unbelievable, how Gayo coffee could smell so beautiful, despite being roasted in a popcorn maker. Thank you, divine beings of coffee bagmakers deities! bagmakers
I encourage those of you who happen to have popcorn makers to do your own roasting bagmakers experiments, bagmakers as what I ve done here ( Philocoffee did the same thing with a similar machine, bagmakers but from a different brand ), and start an endless journey to get to know the character of your coffee more intimately. bagmakers Should you fail? Then you fail. Don t over complicate any roasting process, bagmakers because I m sure you will eventually get the results you want and feel the joy I have felt that evening. Thanks so much to my dearest friend Albert Gunawan for lending the machine to me.
Kopi yang di roasting sudah lebih dari 24 jam, tapi saya sudah tak sabar untuk mencobanya walau biasanya didiamkan dulu 3 hingga 4 hari sebelum dinikmati. Biji kopi yang asalnya 30 gram sudah berkurang hingga 20% akibat kandungan airnya menguap saat terkena uap panas di alat pembuat popcorn merek Princess. Ternyata hasilnya …
Seorang ketua kelompok petani dari Gayo menemui saya

No comments:

Post a Comment