Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Finally, I left the Interstate 5 and turned to the California 46 East toward Lost Hills / Wasco fro

Through the Desert [09.05.2006] | subnet mask
After I had washed not so fast food truck last night two machine wash and ironed, not so fast food truck I got myself this morning the car at Triftys in the O'Farrell Street, went briefly to the apartment and the luggage to pick up and off we went. Unfortunately, this time there was not a free upgrade - I got a Chrylser PT Cruiser - although a nice car (that way, I have also seen often times in Germany). Biggest drawback was that he had no cruise control - but I also have no Survived.
The directions I had sent to me by Google Maps and had it printed. About the Bay Bridge I left San Francisco and missed even equal the correct exit. By the time I was back properly I had finally lost almost an hour since I thought only so also to come to the correct Interstate, which proved to be wrong. In the end, I was on Interstate 580 East toward Stockton go. Shortly before Stockton then turned off to the south and eventually went onto Interstate 5 towards Los Angeles. While the 580 still went through the familiar green hills, the terrain changed quickly now. Dry, brown grass green land was predominantly from now on. On the right side of the road rose a few hills while the left is a vast plain stretched, in which one could occasionally see mostly flat buildings.
Apart from the fact that the hills were fewer and the landscape flattened zusehens did not change much - only I realized that it was becoming visibly warmer - what might lie both at the rising sun and on the journey not so fast food truck south. Just before I was to leave the Interstate 5 lt off-plan - the tank was still about quarter full - I filled the tank for 30 dollars and then drove on.
Finally, I left the Interstate 5 and turned to the California 46 East toward Lost Hills / Wasco from. Right and left of the road now stretched orchards and vegetable fields. The country was indeed dry, but due to extensive irrigation here seemed to allow good harvests. In many fields was worked - of course by Mexicans, what would be the us agriculture without the hard-working helpers from the neighbor to the south.
From the California 46 we went above from Bakersfield to the California not so fast food truck 99 led me toward the south again. When turning on the 58 East to Mojave there was a small traffic jam because the access road narrowed to one lane, but nothing bad. Said California 58 takes the lead in getting hilly terrain into nascent - but still small farms dominated the picture.
Already, the country not so fast food truck began to become increasingly dry - only in some valleys there was really green grass and some trees - but at the latest after I had crossed the mountains, mostly of flat land, covered with withered grass and on some flat shrubs and gnarled trees.
At this point I have to get rid of times a small criticism of this general speed limit: Why should I please on a track which runs until Horizongt straight through a desert just 70 miles per hour (about 113 km / h) may drive a maximum of? And trucks and cars with trailers may even just 55mph (88 km / h) driving and thereby hold when the road is only one lane traffic on. I see little point in it, sorry. But back to the trip: Up Barstow now I crossed that desert - a total of about 125 miles long and came up by, among others, on the famous Edwards Airforce Base. Otherwise, there is not much to report, the road was quite straight through this wasteland and narrowed several times on a track - then what always led to backlogs in the strong truck traffic prevails here. Finally I reached Barstow and turned not so fast food truck onto Interstate 15 northbound from. This I should follow 156 miles - through more desert. The scenery was worth seeing - but at some point you can see by the fact satisfied.
Sometime in the middle of this desert my gasoline was scarce - and only once was no gas station. When at last was the side of the road to see on a survey, a sign with the magic word "gas", I left the same. Unfortunately, this service area was deserted and disappointed I drove on. Now also jumped yet to refuel lamp. And far and wide no gas station. not so fast food truck
Although the nearest gas station saw v

No comments:

Post a Comment