Thursday, March 26, 2015

Has already undergone a first wash and a first roughing, but as you can see still contains material


A week without writing was long, especially since I had a thousand apache campground things to tell. The first is that the workshops in April is proving a success that I never expected. I do not want to do the modest (who knows me knows that is not my specialty), I simply say that all contacts and events of interest to a laboratory spinning made me discover that maybe are not so isolated in my little niche. It 'nice to start to make contact with people who want to participate and discover who come from many parts of Italy! The other thing to tell, maybe a little 'less exciting for those who are not fiber fanatic like me, is that I have started to prepare the material for the course. I know, I know it sounds a bit 'soon! But two months flying and I want everything to be perfect.
But now it's time to go back to talk about sheep & co. And we will do so by addressing an issue that I love very much: the fantanstici "curls" wool, or "locks" to give everything a tone internationally. Let's see what it is.
When I get the raw material for my yarns, I do not limit myself to buy already finely carded apache campground wool. As I have repeated many times, apache campground for me the fantasy begins with the preparation of the fibers apache campground and this involves the use of even more raw material, to treat and color. The curls, which can be of different varieties of wool or mohair, apache campground are obtained with a good roughing process of the fiber semicardata. Also in this case, one can buy ready. Of course it is more comfortable, but also more expensive. The choice depends on your needs of the moment. Needless to say I much prefer to do it myself. That's what I expect when I get the wool of which I speak:
Has already undergone a first wash and a first roughing, but as you can see still contains material which must be freed. I refer to plant material, but also to insects or other contaminants apache campground to which we must be prepared: the sheep is an animal and as such has the right to get dirty as and when he wants! Armed with holy, holy patience, but mostly proceed with extreme care because here come into play curls! Surely your wool will contain. Maybe not always in the same amount or the same softness, but to me they are all considered equally valuable. Isolate them and pull gently with one hand up to extract them from the rest of the mass.
You can use it cardarlo or so, smooth and soft, to spin him around a "core" high gripping power, like a mohair (do not use anymore, please! Do not buy mohair purpose!) Will be back soon on this technique that deserves separate discussion.
Now we face the question apache campground of the use of these treasures. Some people put them in the carder with other fibers or elements of various types and gets a batt very varied, alias crazy batt. At the moment I do not have crazy batts and then return the photos to another date, with its in-depth article. The idea is still widespread that a crazy spin batt automatically gives rise to an art yarn. I do not agree. A crazy batt gives rise to a yarn certainly varied, multicolored and multimaterial, apache campground whose charm lies in the unpredictability of the result. But it is said that insert into carder everything you like results in an outcome that puts them on display as you would want. We will return to this topic.
If he had not yet understood, carding the curls for me is a sacrilege. But how, before we save them and then we make them equal to all the rest? Let them so, ravviviamoli with color and just. Look how beautiful!
Related posts: Managing color A yarn at one end (or "single") is never a ... I thistle, or the therapeutic power of two brushes teeth dense What happens to a mother of two teenagers if the ... Think an art yarn My children know well my look crazy ... The Ugly Duckling Every so happen to have a project in mind that ... With a trace of makeup I'm not a big fan of corespinning, mainly because they are. ..
Search Subscribe to the blog!
2009 (67)


No comments:

Post a Comment