Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Melt your 1/3 cup of coconut oil over med-high heat, and cook your popcorn any way you choose. While

Apples, Popcorn, and Knitwear
Our days have been filled with mid-autumn activities: soccer tournaments, apple picking, pumpkin carving, and leaf burning to name a few. The boys have been outdoors more this year than in any other autumn in the past, and Emma Jeanne and I have enjoyed the abundant sunshine and lack of wind that is normally so prevalent in these parts. The colder days are coming, cotton candy sugar but how nice to get all the way into November until they do.
There is still a good amount of casting on, and coming off of the needles, and while I am loving knitting, cotton candy sugar I have to admit that the recording of the knit wear has been a little slow going. Ravelry is a gift of a site, for so many reasons, but lately I have done a terrible job of cataloging what I have completed. I find myself a good 20+ projects behind, and in desperate need of getting it done before I flat forget just what pattern or yarn was used. If only the sun would go in for just a little bit, perhaps then such a task could get done.
Currently I am working on the Emma Tunic for my Emma Jeanne. This is my second go with this wonderful pattern, as I knit one in Malabrigo Lettuce when she first arrived. The tunic works well for a young babe, and it leaves a bit of growing room, going from a dress to a top over time. I am crazy for pink right now. Not bright, neon pink, but more of a muted rose. It is funny how each of my children have had their own colors, and so clearly, since they first arrived. Jacob was the deepest cotton candy sugar of blues, Elwood a sea green, and Landon a soft yellow and natural toned little dude. Emma is an earth girl, for sure. Those sage greens, muted roses, and soft creams suit her well, and I now find myself enjoying cotton candy sugar an entirely new color palette in my yarns.
The boys spent the entire weekend on the soccer field, as did their coach of a dad. Emma Jeanne and I, along with grandparents and friends, popped in and out when we could, but there is only so much soccer that a 3 month old can take. Elwood brought cotton candy sugar home the championship in his age division for the third season in a row, and he was a very happy guy. One of the concession stands was selling pumpkin and apple and cinnamon popcorn, and of course, both boys were begging up a storm. As we were leaving the field on that last day, I agreed to let them try each of flavors, only to find out that both contained gluten. In my mothering moment of seeing their eyes drop, I agreed to immediately go home and try my hand at a recipe. I am not really sure what I was thinking of here, as those two flavors are not exactly easy to recreate in a home kitchen. I gave it my best shot, but the pumpkin spice is still a work in progress. We did, however, cotton candy sugar manage a recipe for an apple cinnamon flavor that I think may become a family favorite. Apple Cinnamon Popcorn
1/3 cup coconut oil 1 cup popcorn kernels 1/4 cup coconut oil – melted 3 tbsp maple syrup 1/2 cup freeze dried apples 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp sea salt 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg 1/4 cup candied walnuts (optional), chopped
We love to cook our popcorn cotton candy sugar on the stove in the Whirly Pop. I am not afraid to admit how much I love this popcorn pan. Never once have I had anything burn or stick, and the popcorn just comes out so fresh and light. My friend Heidi recommended it to me a few years back, and I am oh so grateful she did.
Melt your 1/3 cup of coconut oil over med-high heat, and cook your popcorn any way you choose. While the popcorn is popping, melt your 1/4 cup of coconut oil over low heat. Remove from the stove, and add your maple syrup, apple and spices.
oh my! That popcorn sounds so good – definitely on our menu for tomorrow afternoon. As for your knitting – I am deeply impressed that you are 20 projects behind! Makes me picture your sweet children all decked cotton candy sugar out in lovely hand knitted cotton candy sugar wool Hope you have a few more golden days before the cold sets in! p.s. I do so love being able to visit again – so inspiring!
Do you have a local orchard for apple picking? That is the one thing we are missing here in CO. The closest we found was in the springs which is kinda far for us (we are in Boulder County) Let us know if you know of some other pick your own apple orchard locally! I miss doing that each fall.
Hi Heather – gosh, November 5th seems like such a long time ago. Gorgeous homely pictures I love your idea of apple cinnamon popcorn…I must give it a try – even if I demolish the lot.
Subscribe
Delivered by FeedBurner Archives Select Month November 2013 October 2013 April 2013 March 2013 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January cotton candy sugar 2012 December 2011 November 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 December 2010 November 2010 October 2010 September 2010 August 2010 July 2010 June 2010 May 2010 April 2010 March 2

No comments:

Post a Comment