Thursday, May 28, 2015

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Google Plus Most


Flywheel Millburn instructor Candee McAloon was diagnosed with and conquered breast bahama bucks cancer twice in a span of five years. What kept her strong? Always keep your head up. That s how I stayed positive while battling through Stage 0 and Stage 1 breast cancer. Candee s story inspires us in more ways than one. Refusing to let breast cancer direct her life, she focused her energy on raising her two young children and continued teaching at Flywheel while enduring exhausting treatments and chemotherapy. While many riders look to their instructors for motivation, Candee says it was her riders’ dedication bahama bucks that kept her going. Read her story here:
The first time I was diagnosed with breast cancer was March 2009. I was 32-years-old, with a 16 month old baby boy, Colin. bahama bucks Coming from a family with a history of breast cancer, I was proactive with my health and took the BRAC blood test. The results came back negative. For years I thought I was in the clear. I have since learned that this wasn’t true no one is ever in the clear when it comes to breast cancer. A few years after receiving my negative BRAC test result, I felt a lump in my right breast. After a series of doctor appointments and tests, I was diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer, also known as DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ). I immediately met with a breast doctor and after a three hour consultation, I chose to have a mastectomy. After several surgeries, including breast reconstruction, I was cancer free, feeling bahama bucks great and healthy! I was blessed again in 2010 when I had a beautiful baby girl, Rylie. Life was good. So I thought. bahama bucks
In October 2011 I had an itch in the same spot I had cancer the first time. Then I felt a lump. I immediately thought to myself, “NO WAY this can’t be happening! I had a mastectomy.” I called my doctor and soon enough, I found myself going through a series of tests yet again.
Flywheel Millburn was opening in November 2011. I was so excited for the Grand Opening and working as an instructor. We were all at the opening, excited the day had finally come, when I got the phone call from my doctor. She told me I had Stage 1 Breast Cancer. I WAS SICK! How could this happen! I said. I knew what this meant, more surgery. I soon had a lumpectomy and met with an Oncologist and a radiologist Oncologist. This time it was recommended I get chemotherapy (CMF-Cycloposphamide, Methotrexate, and Fluorouracil), seven weeks of radiation, along with five years of Tamoxifen. I underwent eight rounds of chemo every other week for four months.
This didn’t hold me back from teaching. After getting chemo on Thursday, I was determined bahama bucks to be back on the bike to teach by Tuesday morning at 5:45 am. I got up and knew that my classes were waiting for me.
No matter how many times people told me how much I inspired them, I told them ‘not as much as you inspire me.’ They were also getting up early to take my class and get there asses kicked. I had to get up. No excuse in the world would have kept me in bed.
I am currently on my second year of Tamoxifen. I’m bahama bucks keeping up with with my two children, who are now three and a half and seven and feeling great. Through this entire journey I think I only cried once, and that was when I was told I needed chemo. Yes, it sucked, but I got through it. I watched my grandmother and mother go through it and they never gave up. I have a WONDERFUL support system. I ve learned from my mom, dad, children, husband, my grandmother and my Flywheel riders the importance of always keeping your head up. You are the only one that can keep yourself going. When you are in a difficult bahama bucks situation think of your friends and family you would never let them give up, so why should you!
Comment
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Google Plus Most  Popular "Putting myself on that TorqBoard was a step in the right direction." HOW FLYWHEEL CHANGED NIA KELLEY S LIFE FLY INTO SUMMER MEMORIAL DAY #FLYTUNES 68-YEARS-YOUNG: JAY BAITLER S FLY STORY
Follow us:

No comments:

Post a Comment